Friday, February 13, 2015

Writers are Readers, Right?

One of the pleasures of a little more leisure time is having the time to read.

In the coming weeks, I hope to post about some of the books I'm reading (or have recently finished) and perhaps get some suggestions for reading material, as well. In recent years, I haven't been much on works of fiction other than an occasional read from one of my author friends. I've been leaning more towards books on apologetics, health, science and other works that are more about learning than about escape. I am certainly not opposed to works of fiction; I just haven't given much of my limited time to it, recently.

I'm in a constant battle with myself over time spent reading articles in my social media news feeds and time spent reading more worthwhile stuff. Not that there isn't worthwhile material on the news feeds, it's just that you have to sort through so much crap to find it.

It might be time to sort through my Twitter account and eliminate accounts that I follow like I did my Facebook account several months ago. The truth is that I scroll past many of the posts without ever really checking them out. I am learning from them, though. I do find that I'm more likely to click a link that has a picture than one that just has an address link. So...I guess I should include pictures if I want people to click on my posts!

Currently, I am beginning to read more as research for my own book. I don't have any self imposed deadlines and am not particularly motivated to be in a hurry to get anything published. I'm more interested in just moving in the right direction ... and to keep moving, even if it's slowly.

I'll spend more time with you later. Right now, there are books to be read, other posts to be written and life to be lived!

Have a grand weekend!
Be well,

John <><


(I just added the bookshelf pic for the link!)

No comments: