Friday, September 27, 2013

Reuniting...or Not

My high school class is meeting this weekend for our 35th Class Reunion.

As much as I would like to be there, I'll be at work. While this would normally be my day off, I'm working tonight so that I could have the day off last Monday for a class I needed to take at the Missouri Baptist Convention (MBC).

Facebook, Twitter and other social networks have made keeping in touch with classmates from the past easier. I have really enjoyed seeing current pictures and finding out what everybody's been doing over the past decades. Enjoy your time together, my friends.

The Past is a great place to visit from time to time. It is also a poor place to hang out for very long. We can reminisce about the good times, laugh about our younger selves and the silly immature mistakes that we made, and make amends for any poor behaviors. But let's face it--The Past is no place to live.

We now have our own kids (and grandkids) and lives and many of us have a grand amount of experience that is far removed from the small community of Chillicothe IL. I'm sure that sharing those stories and experiences will be a pleasure that I will miss.

Enjoy yourselves, my friends!

John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

" The Past is a great place to visit from time to time. It is also a poor place to hang out for very long."

So true, John. Bless you and have a great time at MBC.