Sunday, February 01, 2009

Ten Honest Things About John

This is in response to a tag by Fiona. I should exempt myself from this since I just posted 25 random things about me. But since these are supposed to be honest things, I'll go ahead.

1. I love chocolate. There are very few days in my life that I don't have a little chocolate. Dark chocolates are my favorites.

2. I once lived in a motel. I moved out of the motel room to move into a rented bedroom in a lady's home. I was pretty pathetic at the time.

3. I once grabbed the wrong paper bag for lunch when I was in grade school. When lunch time came around, I opened it to find a pair of dirty diapers (I have four younger siblings)! One of the nuns from school took me next door to the convent and fixed me a bologna sandwich.

4. When I was a kid I wanted to be a garbage man. I thought that it would be cool to ride on the back of the truck. They don't get to do that now so I'm glad that it didn't work out. I can't remember if I wanted to be a garbage man before or after I wanted to be a witchdoctor.

5. I like hats--not caps, hats.

6. I actually lit farts when I was in college (my own, not somebody else's). Hannah made me include this one!

7. I like hot spicy foods. I generally figure that if they make it at a restaurant, it can't be too hot for me.

8. I've been blessed with two of the greatest families on earth...my parents and siblings, and my wife and kids.

9. I love to vacation on the beach in Mexico.

10 I hate doing these things. Which is why I won't tag anybody else on this one.

There you have it, Fiona. You now know more about me than you would probably care to know!

John

9 comments:

Mike said...

#2 opens up all kinds of possibilities for snarky comments.

Anonymous said...

Next time you and Chris are in St. Louis, we'll blindfold and handcuff Mike then take him to the Mexican restaurant of your and my choice. We won't make him eat anything, but we'll have fun releasing him to run all the way from there to Ted Drewes, where we can meet him for dessert.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

You are hysterical and so glad to know that you love chocolate too. I love the beach in Mexico too!

Unknown said...

That was a lot of fun. I love dark chocolates and hats too. I keep picturing the dirty diaper bag....

Amanda said...

Yes I too keep thinking of the diaper bag! Thanks for sharing.

fiona said...

John, I love it!
The diaper bag was too funny!

Cascia Talbert said...

I love chocolate too. I can't get enough of dark chocolate. I love reading these meme's. Thank you for stopping by Healthy Moms and for the comments!

Bilbo said...

Welcome to the Ancient and Honorable Fellowship of Bloggers Tagged By Fiona. You absolutely win with the paper bag of diapers story. I'm in awe. It's so much better than my story of standing nekkid in the icy Animas River having my picture taken by Japanese tourists.

vw: pongsran. Sounds like the next town over from Palembang.

Anonymous said...

Lighting farts is a lost art and should be an olympic event