Monday, February 11, 2008

A Change of Heart

This Monday morning finds me in a hotel room in Lebanon MO. It is icy and slick outside and the morning session of the Laclede Association Evangelism Conference was canceled. I had a wonderful Sunday at Stoutland Baptist Church in the morning and at New Hope Baptist Church in the evening.

My friends, David and Teresa Towe came to the evening service and then we visited at their home 'til about midnight. They are really great people and I always enjoy visiting with them. If you are ever in need of entertainers, give them a call.

Parable of the Heart

I want to take a moment to share a video with you. I first saw the video at the Missouri State Evangelism Conference at the end of January. I spoke with the guy that is distributing it and he has a pretty good story of his own. However, I'm sure that he would much prefer that I share Daniel's story. The video has won numerous international awards. It is the true story of a young boy that has received a heart transplant and his interaction with the donor's surviving parents. It is just less than fifteen minutes long and I urge you to take the time to watch it now. The Parable of the Heart.

How I wish that God would hear the heart of Jesus beating in me. How I wish that others could see the heart of Jesus in me. Just as I know that my physical heart is need of my attention (better diet, more exercise, less worry), I also know that my spiritual heart is in need of attention (better diet, more exercise, less worry). As I work on changing habits that effect the health of my spiritual heart I have to ask the questions, How about you? Are you in need of a heart transplant? Does God hear the heart of His Son beating in your chest? Are you (because of His Son) righteous in His eyes?

As always, I 'd be happy to answer your questions (if able) and am more that willing to keep your comments confidential should you ask. My email is posted in the right column should you prefer to contact me that way.

John

“I will put a new spirit in them: I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.” Ezekiel 11:19

2 comments:

Mike said...

When three magicians get together, who leaves with all the wallets?

Kevin Gilmore said...

I've never seen the message of salvation presented in such a clear meaning ful way. Thank you for this.