Monday, March 12, 2007

What's Happening?

Looking at the date of my last post it's hard to believe that it's been almost two weeks. My apologies if there is anybody that actually checks for new posts on a regular basis.

I had a great weekend. I had the opportunity to preach the evening message at Hopedale. I have started preparing for the revivals that are coming up next month and was about half finished with the first of several messages that I am preparing. It was fun to finish it in an afternoon and be able to deliver it in my home church. I truly felt the Spirit's guidance in the process. It is a very unusual circumstance that I would have a message prepared this far in advance (it's never happened before). The total time in preparation of this sermon was about half of what it usually takes me to study research and write a message. It was also an unusual circumstance that Pastor Terry would surrender the pulpit on a Sunday evening that he was not going to be absent. Even if he were to have somebody else preach, it would normally be Dr. Burris.

I know that there may have been some people that felt that the message was directed at them. It was really never meant to be directed at anybody in particular. In fact, it wasn't prepared with the intent to preach it at Hopedale. Rather, it was intended to illustrate some of the things that can keep a church from growing. My hope is that it was received that way and that we all recognize the call to be obedient.

COMING UP NEXT

Well I have done something that I didn't think that I'd be doing again. This weekend I'll be working at Branson's Silver Dollar City at Mortimer's Magic Emporium. It looks like I'll be there for the first couple of weekends. After that my weekend are pretty full. Stop by and say hello if you can.

Shop owner, Chris Newsom, is a good friend and it is a pleasure to help him out. If you are an aspiring magician and living in the Branson area, you might want to check into working for him. I've spent quite a few days playing at SDC and getting paid to do it! It really is about the most fun you can have and call it work.

Hope to see you there!

John

No comments: