Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Alright, maybe unorganized would be a better description of my time than busy. Let me try to put things in a nutshell.

First of all, you may have noticed that I've added a blog to the Blogs I Frequent section of this page. "It's a Numeric Life" is a fun blog, full of some very interesting statistics. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

I added an AFL-CIO blog for a short time but removed it because I really don't frequent it. However, here is a good article dealing with some aspects of my work life. (4 years, 9months, 11 days!)

This weekend is the revival in Cainsville, MO. I am looking forward to renewing some old friendships and enjoying my time in Northern Missouri. Sunday evening is the kick-off event for the Deacon Family Ministry at Hopedale Baptist Church. I'll do everything I can to be back in time for the evening fellowship. Since I will be gone for most of the month, Rob Halley will be teaching our Sunday School class throughout the month of April, thanks Rob.

On Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th, Hopedale's choir will be presenting this year's Easter Musical. Yours truly is one of the narrators. That's just over a week to memorize the narration. Should've started earlier! Busy, busy, bu...I mean unorganized (again!). Saturday morning will find me in Mountain Home, Arkansas for an Easter egg hunt/magic program. Another church that I have the pleasure of returning to. It is always good to be asked to come back to a place.

Speaking of being asked back, I'll be returning to Baptist Hill Children's Camp again this year. This year, the Association has asked me to serve as Camp Pastor. What an honor! I've been to camp on two or three previous occasions for a one night magic program. This year, I'm looking forward to spending the entire (almost) week with them. I'll still need to work a couple of days/nights at the tower, but thanks to my Christian brothers at work that have traded shifts or covered my days, I'll be able to satisfy both obligations.

In my next post, I'll tell you about a magic conference in Branson and about another book recommendation. (I'm not finished reading it yet!) For now, the horses need tending to and my pillow is calling my name (I have another mid-watch tonight).

No comments: