Thursday, January 12, 2023

No More Christmas (and January Progress)

I may be among the last of all people to finally put away all of the Christmas stuff. I guess January 12th is about time! It's a cold and gloomy day in the Ozarks and I'm not planning on leaving the house until it's time to work at the shelter tonight, so today might as well be the day.

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the porch in shorts and a sweatshirt, smoking a cigar and reading a book with temps in the mid 60s (18c). Today and tomorrow's temps will barely get above freezing.
Ugh! That's winter in the Ozarks!
I am so ready for spring!

This is an extremely full week - for me. 
Saturday evening dinner out with friends and listening to other friends' live music.
Sunday night into Monday morning was an overnight at the shelter.
Nothing Monday evening.
Tuesday night was dinner with our small group from church.
Wednesday night dinner with friends, then a Church Council meeting.
Thursday and Friday nights will be cold and I'll be back at the shelter.
By the time Saturday evening rolls around this week I will be ready to quietly enjoy the fights - alone!
Whew! That's a lot of people-ing in a week!

Since we're almost two weeks into 2023, I thought I'd check in on my goal planning/resolution making friends. How are you doing so far?
I don't really have any goals for the year. I think it would be cool to read 100 books this year, but it isn't really a goal and I'm not going to bust my butt trying for it. I'm currently on pace for it as I have finished 3 and am on my fourth and fifth books now.
I am working on moving my fat ass a little more this year and on staying properly hydrated. I've been drinking more water and having to pee much more often, but I guess that's good.
I should have taken advantage of the couple of nice days to work getting the flower beds and garden ready for spring, but I didn't. I am going to take a little different approach to gardening this year. We'll see how that goes as the season gets underway.

How are your 2023 plans shaping up?
Too early to tell?

Ugh!
Just looked out the window.
It's snowing.
Did I mention I'm ready for spring?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"to read 100 books this year"
Be careful. I read that staring down at your cell phone for hours can be bad for your neck. I'm sure that applies to books too.