Monday, August 22, 2022

School Days

Here in SWMO school is back in session.
The college students have moved into their dorms and the local schools begin this week (mostly tomorrow). Teachers have been preparing for their students and students are probably split between those looking forward to the school year and those that wish the summer break would continue.
Maybe the teachers are also split along those lines.

Over the years there have been a number of times when I've thought about going back to school. I like learning new stuff and could probably use some routine in my life. It's too bad there is such a cost that is attached to learning, especially when it's just learning for the sake of knowledge and not to have a money making career or anything. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up--other than retired!

I guess I'll stick to reading for learning. I may now qualify (62) for some of the free to seniors courses offered by many universities, but I think you have to go and be around people for stuff like that. I'll probably just tend to my yard and grow some flowers.

But do be careful out there. There are kids waiting for busses, walking near schools, and lots of young drivers around high schools. 

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

There are lots of "free to seniors courses" but I don't think you get college credit for them. I think that sort of defeats the purpose.

John A Hill said...

You are correct. You can get the knowledge for free but you have to pay for the credit.