Friday, August 26, 2022

Summer is Waning

As the summer gets closer to its end and fall draws near, I notice the morning sun now shining onto the deck. As the sun moves southward towards its winter course, we get more sun on the deck. It works out nicely. With our mostly southern facing deck, we get sun in the colder winter months and shade throughout the summer.
*sigh*
I am not one of those "looking forward to fall" kind of people.

In recent years, I've found another reason to dislike winters. As hard as SWMO summers can be on our unsheltered population, the winters can be brutal--even deadly. I know that there is more that our communities can do to help solve most of the problems faced by our unsheltered friends, but I also know that this Bible belt community isn't all that charitable towards the people that Jesus commanded we help--you know, the poor, the hungry, the sick, etc.
Ugh!
It's embarrassing that Christian people can be so ugly and that only a handful of churches seem to care.

On Sunday morning I'll be sharing a simple lesson I learned from one of my favorite Bible stories.
I'm curious.
What's your favorite story from the Bible?
And why?

I'll be at a small country church in a rural community. They don't have an online feed, so I can't invite you to join that way. But if you are local to Christian county and feel like making the trip to Sparta, I'll be at Sparta Christian again. Church is at 11.

John

PS  Please comment and share you favorite Bible stories and what they teach you

No comments: