Thursday, August 25, 2022

Paybacks are a B_______!

Blessing!
Paybacks are a blessing.

When Dad was sick and needed frequent rides to doctor visits or to the hospital, and even now for Mom's needs, there have been so many people that volunteered to provide transportation for them. I know that all of us kids are very grateful to the people that stepped up to help them when we are too far away to take care of those needs.

Yesterday morning I received a text from a staff member of The Venues wondering if somebody could provide transportation to the surgery center for a person whose planned ride was no longer available. I was glad that I was the first to respond and am able to help. It feels good to be able to give back, even if it isn't to the actual people that helped Mom and Dad. 

So now I'm sitting outside of the surgery center with my laptop, my books, my sermon prep, and a little music in my earbuds and I'm feeling pretty good.  I was able to make a donation drop at The Connecting Grounds Outreach Center and am now just passing time while waiting for my new friend's surgery to finish so that I can transport him back. 

In a world where winning, taking, and getting more is what we teach and often strive for, it is a little weird that giving actually feels so much better than getting.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice.