Thursday, July 14, 2022

Things Change (or maybe not)

Things change, people change, friends change, organizations change, times change,
...and we move on. 
Or maybe things stay pretty much the same and we change,
...and move on.

Sometimes I wonder about that.
How much have I changed?
How much have I held on to while the world around me changed?
Do I try to fit in where I no longer do?
Or do I accept the changes (whether changes in me or others) and move on (or remain still, as the case may be)?

It's just a weird contemplation of how we interact with each other for seemingly brief moments in time and then continue on separate paths. I like it when some of those paths intersect farther down the road and we get to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances. Technology has helped us to remain in contact with people even though our life paths have diverged greatly.
It is a little strange when you find yourself wanting to keep in contact with someone that is content to move on without that connection. I'm sure that works both ways.
And that's okay.

Today looks like another beautiful day in the Ozarks. 
It will be sunny and hot with the heat index topping 100.
I need to send a couple of cigars to one of those old friends that I am happy to have reconnected with in recent years (thanks to technology). I haven't decided if I'll do bike night tonight. I'll probably skip the trip into Springfield for Barchurch. I may just end up on the deck with a cigar and a drink and a book.
I think I'll prep for a Friday morning trip to the recycling center followed by some kayak time on the James River.

I hope that life is grand along your path today. Perhaps it will intersect with an old friend or two. Or maybe you'll find a new friend.

John

No comments: