Thursday, July 07, 2022

Beach Body

Yeah, I don't have one.
But I am taking the body I have to the beach.
Hopefully, I'll be taking a little less of a body to the beach.
Two months. That's how long I have to get beach ready.

I'm really not that vain.
I would go to the beach today with the body I have and I would enjoy myself. But since I just booked us on flights to Puerto Vallarta, I think I'll take advantage of the incentive to lose a little weight and get conditioned for walking the hills to and from the beach.
House/cat sitting for the kids 400 meters from the ocean is tough work, but as parents, we feel it's important to show our support.

In other news...

Okay, I don't really have any other news.
I'm enjoying/enduring the hot, humid Midwest summer, the flowers are blooming, I might go to bike night again this week (I might not), and all of the other very typical, ordinary stuff that I do (and love doing) every day.
It's a pretty simple life (with or without the beach body).

I'm thinking about a new little project--a flowerpot smoker.
Here's one (of many) video on building one.
I haven't priced anything yet, but figure I should be able to get everything I need for less than a C-note.
I'll get back to you if I actually do this.
Other than that, I'll be doing the old man, retired guy thing while trying to do the beach body prep at the same time.

Enjoy the day. We're looking at another 100F (38c) kind of day in the Ozarks.

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

"I'll be doing the *** ***, retired guy thing."
Keep up the good work!