Monday, March 16, 2020

Social Media Distancing

To go with my previous post, I think I'm going to start practicing social media distancing. It's not going to be easy because I do typically spend some time on different social media platforms.

I probably spend more time on Twitter, followed by Instagram, then Facebook. I think that Facebook is probably the most toxic to my mental health and wellbeing. I'm generally shocked at the misinformation that people believe and share. It takes a great deal of restraint not to respond to some of the garbage that is posted. For me, it's best to just stay away or unfollow people that are willfully ignorant.

It's a cold, rainy day in the Ozarks so a long walk or motorcycle ride is out of the question. Guess I'll read a book or find something other than news shows to watch.

Another benefit to social distancing is less exposure to people in general. It's like an introvert's dream. And if people get too close, a fake sneeze or cough should do the trick! (Unfortunately, spring allergies make my sneezing, sniffling, and coughing real and I'm staying away from people for their own comfort.)

Social Media Distancing
Give it a try.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

As the introvert meme said, 'I've been waiting my whole life for this!'