Sunday, March 01, 2020

Am I Running From God?

In a couple of different posts last fall I mentioned that my preaching days are pretty much over ... and I'm okay with that. Recently, on a few different occasions our Bar Church pastor has asked about the possibility of me teaching on a Thursday night. I've been cautious about that. I'm not sure how well I would adjust to the teaching style of The Venues, nor am I sure of how the people of The Venues would respond to my style of preaching/teaching.
At this point I've been open to serving in any way that's helpful.

But then...
Last week I was approached by two people from two churches (within minutes of each other) about the possibility of working with them in a preaching/teaching ministry, and I received an invite to serve as camp pastor for a kids' camp and a youth camp.
It's taken me by surprise and I find myself conflicted about how to proceed.

Because the camp opportunities are with a Southern Baptist Association where I have served in the past, I'll talk to them. I doubt that we are still a good fit, but I will let them make that call.
As for the churches -- well, I'll talk to them, too.
And in the mean time, I'm going to have to have a little talk with God about what I'm supposed to be doing now. I was thinking that I'm retired and that preaching/teaching thing was a part of my past.

So,
this is how March begins!
(shakes head and sighs)

John

No comments: