Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Home; Life in the Ozarks

It's good to be back home.
My alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. It was just a repeat from last week's alarm (that I forgot to disable) when I was up early to begin my week long trip. The early morning go was to give me a good night's sleep in my own bed before trekking to Metamora IL to go on a Drs appointment with my mom and dad. Unfortunately, I didn't get to bed until after midnight, so it was a short night.

Yesterday, I left Chicago with the intent of driving straight to the ballpark in Springfield to meet Hannah, Daniel, and members of The Venues at the Springfield Cardinals' game. It's pretty rare that I leave a ballgame early, but after sitting all day, I was ready to be home. I decided to walk around a bit, watched the seventh inning while mobile, and then walked back to where I parked and drove home.

I was up late (1am) watching a movie and managed to sleep until around 9 this morning (minus the early alarm interruption). I've got my laundry in and am enjoying my coffee while clicking away on my keyboard. Chris gets back this afternoon (she flew up to meet us on Saturday) and we'll settle back into our quiet, normal life in the Ozarks.
A light rain today will give me a good excuse for not mowing the lawn. I don't think I'll have that excuse available for tomorrow. No worries. It's not like I have to go to work or anything!

I do have Breakfast Venues Friday morning, an overnight camp (Friday/Saturday), and a message to finalize for the folks at FBC Richland on Sunday. Other than that, it's back to the easy life of a retired guy.

John <><

2 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

I'll be glad to get back to the quiet life. City noise is too loud for me.

Mike said...

I was glad to see you went back to bed after the rude 4:30 wake up. You had me worried.