Thursday, June 20, 2019

The End of a Long Day

Whew!
Ever have one of those days that just can't end soon enough?
That was today. There was lots of work to do, but things didn't go quite as planned. Of course no one ever plans on a little fender bender being a part of the day. That's why they call them accidents. If it was a planned part of the day, I guess we'd call them an on purpose.

It was hot and humid (typical June day in the Ozarks), I was running behind schedule, and wasn't really thrilled about the pending $1100 dollar repair bill that's in my future to fix someone else's car.
Yeah, it was my fault.

But I got to end my day with the good folks at Downtown Venues.
As I've said before, I don't interact with very many people at Downtown Venues. It's just a good place to go and feel some genuine Christ-like love. I've missed Sunday morning Venues for three weeks in a row now (twice preaching, one week we were in Chicago).
There is still work to do -- stuff I didn't get to today, but it feels like the world has been righted and I get to start over tomorrow.

If you had a great day today, I hope it carries over into tomorrow.
If your day was like mine, tomorrow brings a new day.
Heck! Tomorrow brings a whole new season!
Happy Summer Solstice!
I guess I need to include a Happy Winter Solstice for my friends and family Down Under!

As the dawn breaks on the new day, remember that God loves you and Jesus died for you.
And if you are already a follower of Jesus, remember to share that love with somebody else.

So long, Spring.
Welcome, Summer.

John <><

No comments: