Saturday, June 08, 2019

Back to the Windy City

I'm back in Chicago after a short visit with my parents. It was the usual visit to the doctors followed by a period of visiting. I ate way too much food but that's a usual consequence from visiting the 'rents.
I also had an opportunity to catch up with one of my high school classmates over a long lunch. There aren't many people from my past (near nor distant) that I've kept up with, so it was nice. Since he still lives in central Illinois, he updated me on a few of our old classmates.

After over indulging for the first couple of days of this week's travels, I opted for lighter menu options yesterday. A veggie panini and chips for lunch and a farmers hash (kind of a cooked salad) for dinner. I'm not sure what today will hold, but I'm sure it will be more moderate. In any event, I'm in Chicago so it will be tasty!

Chris will be arriving here tonight and we'll all be going to the Cards/Cubs game at Wrigley tomorrow. The game was originally scheduled as an afternoon game, but has now been moved to an evening game. That kind of stinks since it will overlap the Blues Game 6 in the Stanley Cup Series.
Sacrebleu!
If the hockey game was on NBCSN I could watch it on my phone at the ballpark, but Game 6 is on NBC and that's not on my Sling programming. I guess I'll listen to the radio broadcast and hope to find a nearby sports bar to see the end of the hockey game after the baseball game is over.

Ah ... first world problems!

Today will be an easy day. We'll get about whenever we get going this morning. I think we'll try to catch a ballgame of one of my nephews this afternoon and then find a place where we can watch tonight's UFC fights.
Yes, this retired life is a good life!

What's up for your weekend?

John <><

No comments: