Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Reading -- Book reviews

It has been some time since I've enjoyed reading fiction on a regular basis. Most of my reading in the past several years has been of the non-fiction, educational, self-help variety. Recently I have added some fiction back into the mix and I have been spending more time book reading and less time scrolling through internet feeds.

I mentioned Searching for Sunday in my last post. That falls into the first category. If you have been struggling with religion and often find yourself conflicted because religion seems less loving than it should be, you may find yourself in this book. It is one woman's personal search for God in a religion that didn't do a very good job of representing him.

At the same time I was reading Searching for Sunday, I was working my way through the novel Bleak Harbor. I enjoyed the book. It is a well written kind of mystery/thriller. The author brings the different characters together in unexpected ways and keeps you guessing (wrong again) as the story develops.

I also just finished a book on grounding. Grounding is one of those things that some believe in wholeheartedly, while others poo-poo the idea as pure quackery. Getting Grounded was an interesting read. I think I am some where in the middle of wholehearted belief and quackery.

I am currently reading an apologetics type book, That's Just Your Interpretation. I'm just getting started so I don't have much to offer in the way of critique.

The fiction book that I just finished was Hunt Them Down. It looks like you can still get it for free on your Kindle app. I really enjoyed it and would certainly encourage you to get it for free if you can.
All of these books I read on Kindle and all were either free or 99 cents. I have several more books to choose from and will be picking another fiction to go along with the book on apologetics.
The Dark Heart sounds interesting. It is a true story, but I may go with it anyway.

I have never considered myself to be a voracious reader (and still do not), but it has been good to get back to spending some time reading just for the fun of it.

What are you currently reading?

John <><

No comments: