Thursday, September 06, 2018

This date in history...

Okay, I'm not talking about the distant past or world history. One year ago today I set out on my epic motorcycle trip. It touched 21 states, two Canadian provinces, and the District of Columbia. I rode through some beautiful country, some mountain roads, and rush hour traffic in Chicago, Boston, and DC. I met with friends and family along the way and met some new friends, as well.

This year I haven't ridden as much nor as often as in the past two years. Although the motorcycle is still my transportation of choice, I've done considerably less pleasure riding this year. Perhaps, I'll start riding more often again this fall.
I'm replacing the existing saddlebags with locking bags. That will be nice for day trips to ballgames and such.
I need to plan another long trip and check off some more states -- maybe a Route 66 trip all the way to the ocean.

Be careful out there. Watch for us old, retired guys on motorcycles!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

What's the state count for the lower 48? Are you over half?

John A Hill said...

23, so not quite.