Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Ride Interactions

I took a little different route than I normally do on my road trip yesterday. And I made an unscheduled stop or two along the way.

Because the day was forecast to be warm, I opted for my Kevlar sweater rather than my textile motorcycle jacket. I figured it may be a little cool starting out, but it was cooler that I expected. Since I was going to stop to change into my jacket, I decided to have a quick breakfast and a cup of coffee as well. It was only about 45 minutes into my ride, but I wasn't in a hurry.

My next unscheduled stop was interesting.
My helmet started feeling a little tight at the temples and was starting to bother me so I stopped to adjust it. I was riding through a rural area and pulled off into a small church parking lot. A pickup truck that was going by stopped to check on me. It was an older couple that had switched from two wheels to a Can-Am Spyder when they could no longer manage balancing the weight of their motorcycle.
It's a part of the biker code to stop and lend assistance to another biker and they were doing that. They were also members of the Christian Motorcycle Association so they were quick to share their faith and offer me a New Testament. I thanked them, but told them I already had a couple in my saddlebags and was also a follower of Jesus. They prayed for my safe travels and we parted ways.

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful (except for the lady that almost ran into me while merging onto I-270 N).

I changed back into the sweater when I stopped for lunch and gas at St James.
I tried to listen to the ballgame on my headphones but there was too much wind noise. No worries, the Cardinals didn't do well yesterday and I'm good with riding without the distraction.

All-in-all, a good day on the road.
Keep watching for us old guys on motorcycles!

John  <><

4 comments:

Mike said...

Will your Kevlar sweater stop bullets? Maybe I could sell some in North St. Louis.

John A Hill said...

Unlikely.
The only claim is to prevent road rash.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It sounds like you had an interesting day, John.

Pigeon Forge Girl said...

It's nice to have new experiences when you ride. I do so too.