Friday, January 19, 2018

Jan 19; TGIF

Thank God it's Friday!

Okay, the truth is that Friday isn't such a big deal in the life of a retired guy, but this weekend promises a break in the colder weather and temperatures around 60f (15c)! The snow should be gone by midday tomorrow and I may have to take the bike out for a ride.

Today's post is to bring you a moment of hope. I realize that there is little (if anything) that I can do to bring hope into your day/weekend/life. That's kind of an inside job. Perhaps I can encourage you to pause from the daily grind long enough to look around and find something positive in the day. Perhaps saying it, writing it, sharing it with someone will make it more real for you and encourage someone else at the same time.

From time to time, one of my brothers posts something on Facebook encouraging his friends to "tell me something good" that is going on in their lives.
This week's photo prompt in my Project 52 group is Hope.
This morning one of the Instagram accounts I follow posted a morning ocean/sky picture and reminded her followers that each day is a fresh start and asked what we are doing today to grow.

The big deal isn't that it's Friday.
The big deal is that is a new day.

I'm going to enjoy another cup of coffee while listening to some classic rock and then go out for my daily 3 mile (5k) walk.

What is going on in your day?
Tell me something good.
How are you growing today?
What have you accomplished this week?
Who loves you?
Who are the people that you love?

Speak up and be an encouragement to my other readers (both of them!).

God loves you.
Jesus died for you.

John <><

My week 3, Project 52 post.

Hope

There is an ancient proverb that says the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today.
Last fall we were sitting outside at an Italian restaurant on The Hill is St Louis. My wife commented on the magnolia tree across the street and how she would love to have one. This little magnolia tree was her Christmas present from my son and daughter in law.
Hoping to get to see it in 20 years!




1 comment:

Mike said...

I just got up. Good things haven't had a chance to happen yet.