Wednesday, January 03, 2018

2018, Day 3

Since it's only the third day of the year, I would think it's safe to assume that most resolutions are still intact. I don't remember how many times you need to do something to make it a habit. I just know that it is a buttload of  times and usually not enough to overcome the bad habits that have been ingrained over a lifetime. It's difficult to imagine that a couple of weeks of walking could overcome years of sitting on my butt. However, I do know that daily walking was once a strong habit. Perhaps it will be so, again. It would be easier if it was a few degrees above freezing while I'm trying to set the habit!

I've also managed two whole days of not posting anything negative or offensive on social media!
I doubt that will last long since it seems impossible not to offend people these days. We seem to be offended by disagreement and have accepted the idea that if we disagree, we can't get along. In any case, I'm trying to be a little less offensive and a little more focused on being nice to people -- whether they like me or not.

Today, like most days, will be easy.
I probably won't need to interact with anyone other than a few members of my family.
I'll refrain from posting or commenting on Facebook.
Life will move quietly along and I will look forward to being on a warm beach with Chris and our Canadian friends in just over a month!

Be nice!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

"Life will move quietly along..."

That's a good thing.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The prospect of going to a warm beach can lift one's spirits!