Monday, August 14, 2017

We could all use some Good News!

I was blessed yesterday to be able to teach the Bible study for Hopedale's Youth group last night.
The opportunity came due to our Youth Pastor needing to be out of town for some personal family business.

Since my current Bible reading is in the Old Testament Book of Genesis, it seemed natural to go there for my study. I find it interesting that many feel the Old Testament isn't really relevant to our lives today. In a way, it's not. For instructions on how to live as a follower of Jesus, the New Testament is where to look. But the story of salvation is several millennia in the making and is found in the Old Book.

Story Time with Pastor John came from the old covenant that God made with Abram in Genesis 15, in hopes to convey the need for our salvation through a Savior and the difference in the covenant of the Old Testament and the New Covenant found in Jesus.

As is often the case, I don't really know how well the lesson was received and will (hopefully) get some feedback in the coming days. I was getting such feedback about last weeks evening message yesterday.

The opportunity to share was a good way to end a weekend filled with not such great news.
It makes me want to start the week by sharing some Good News --

(Yep, you guess it...)
God loves you!
Jesus died for you!

Have a Good News kind of week!

John <><

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

John, I hope your trials will soon pass and the news will be better soon. Take care, my dear friend!

Mike said...

It was a trying weekend.

Mariette said...

Best wishes to you, John Hill!