Monday, July 17, 2017

Almost Too Late ...

Last week I wrote a post about seeing an old friend that was dying of esophageal cancer. I'm guessing that if you are reading today, you are one of my few regular readers. If you are not, here is the link to that post.

You'll notice that the date on that post is Wednesday, July 12.
My friend Joe went on to be with his Savior on Thursday, July 13.

Wow!
I almost missed the opportunity to visit with him and tell him that I loved him one last time.

I'm a little numb right now; not really knowing what to feel. I had planned on visiting with him again.
It seems weird and a little cold to say I'm happy for him.
But I am.

The end came pretty quickly and he was spared much of the suffering that he was dreading to face. For those of us that share the faith that God loves us and Jesus died for us, he is most certainly in a much better place.
I expect that I will help his wife pack up and sell his magic stuff sometime in the coming days. I am looking forward to the memories that will bring to mind. I'm glad that I will get to do it after having visited with him rather than wishing I had made the time for that.

This is just another reminder to make a contact with someone that is (or was in the past) important to you.

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

RIP magic man.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A sad occasion. But he gets his celestial award. That is a consolation. My condolences to his family and you.