Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cool Autumn Temps

Overnight temperatures are cooling off in the Ozarks. Nights are now in the 40s and daytime highs will be in the mid 70s for the coming week. The leaves are turning colors and many of them are falling and blanketing the lawns of our little neighborhood.

I know that there are many people that love the fall as much as they love the spring; I am not one of them.

Although I don't mind the cooler temps (and I really don't mind the hot days of summer), I really don't like the shorter hours of daylight. An early sunset is my least favorite part of winter!

I know! A retired guy that hates winter should move south. Unfortunately, Chris is still working and doesn't want to leave her friends. I guess not having friends makes packing up and moving easier.

We do have plans for a January trip to Mexico, but that is three long months away. I guess I can use that time to work on my Spanish speaking skills so I'll sound less like a tourist when we go. In the mean time, I guess I'll have to break out the sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets and start making plans for winter walks.

I'm heading for Mexico MO this afternoon for an evening show at Littleby Baptist Church.
I get to worship at my home church of Hopedale this morning!

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

I actually turned the heat on last night. But it won't be on for long. It's supposed to be near 80 by Wednesday. And we know how accurate 4 day forecasts are.

John A Hill said...

No heat yet, but we did close the windows last night!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I had the heat on last night, as the temp dropped to 39! Suddenly it's Fall!