Thursday, August 20, 2015

Good News, My Friends!

It is another beautiful day in the Ozarks!
It is more like an early autumn day than a late summer day. Although I am not a fan of the fall or winter, I do have to say that I have been enjoying these cooler temperatures. The windows are open. The a/c is off and life is good.

And that's not even the good news that I'm talking about!

I got to spent my lunchtime and the early part of the afternoon with the men that make up the Administrative Team of the TriCounty Baptist Association. These men are servants of The Most High God and truly remarkable ambassadors for the Kingdom. I always come away from these meetings feeling both inspired to work in ministry and a little ashamed of my own small contributions to the advancement of His kingdom.

These guys are mostly pastors of local churches. There are only a couple of us that are at large members of the team and are lay members of one of the association churches. It's pretty easy to see why the other laymen sit on this team. I'm not certain of my roll or why I have been a part of the team for several years now.

The good news is that God is alive and well in the TriCounty Association! Although there are several churches that are currently looking for pastors, there are also churches that are sharing the gospel and reaching out to change lives through the power of the Holy Spirit. We heard reports of successful camps, clothing giveaways, VBS programs, mission trips and testimonies of people of all ages that are coming to profess Jesus as Lord and Savior!

This weekend I will be at the Fremont Hills Baptist Church for a weekend revival. On Friday night I will be giving my personal testimony of how I was called into the gospel ministry and how I came to use magic to share the gospel story. I will share the call and some of the effects that I use when telling people of how God loves them and Jesus died for them.

On Saturday evening I will be talking about the ministry of John the Baptist and how we have a similar ministry of preparing the way and sharing the message of "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Sunday morning will be about the work of Jesus and how He has been our advocate before the throne of our Heavenly Father.
And Sunday evening will be about what happens next. Where do we go from here?

If you are in the area, I invite you to attend. It is my hope that the take away from each service is that God loves you and Jesus died for you.

More than that, I hope that each believer takes away that we are called to share this Good News. We are all ambassadors to the kingdom of heaven.

"Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter." --Charles H. Spurgeon


John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Best wishes with your revival this weekend, John. My the Lord keep you always.