Friday, March 13, 2015

Words Can Hurt...

...Not just the words, but how they are said, too.

I've said it before, I am a slow learner. Although I have managed to temper my tongue on many occasions and am learning that not everything I think has to be verbalized, I still manage to say things that I later regret.

Sometimes it is odd the things that we hear. Often times, we hear things that were never said or read things into what was said that was never meant. I'm learning (slowly) that most misunderstandings can be avoided by keeping my mouth shut.

I'm also learning that most of what people have to say isn't all that important to begin with. If I feel that way about what others have to say, I imagine they probably feel that way about my opinions, too.

Even thought each of us is ultimately responsible for how we feel and how we let other people make us feel, we are also each responsible for the things we say and the potential that our words have to hurt someone. It would be a lot easier if words only hurt like in the GEICO commercial.

Be careful of the things you say today...

John <><



2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That's good advice, John. Don't be dismissive of what others say.

Mike said...

That Geico commercial is my favorite... Jesse?