Wednesday, March 11, 2015

It's Official!

Last Sunday, someone asked me how it felt to be retired. I told them that so for it really just felt like I have had a few days off. Besides, since I hadn't actually received a retirement income yet, it could just be that I hadn't shown up for work for 30 days!

Well, now it is official!

My first partial retirement check has been deposited into my account (and only 1 week late!)! I still haven't figured out how the government can get away with issuing interim checks (sometimes for several months) instead of getting the calculations right (and on time) from day 1. It's not like someone is calculating with pencil and paper or using an abacus to determine what your annuity payout is supposed to be.

Oh well. After a career with the government and all of the meaningless bureaucracy, why should I expect less in retirement?

Hopefully, I'll have many more years of frustration ahead of me!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

They are people in the government whose only job is to make your life confusing.