Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sleeping In

Today is the first day that I've really slept late since retiring.
It felt pretty good.

I actually woke up at a little after 6 (6 hrs after going to bed), but decided that I should go back to sleep. I woke up again after one more sleep cycle (90 minutes) and decided that I could get up and make some coffee or stay in bed and see if I could drift off for one more cycle (which I did).

Nice, huh?

I know that some people are morning people; some are not. Some people will sleep late every chance they get; others are up with the sun whether they have something planned for the morning or not. Most mornings I'm not the sleep in kind of guy, but today it felt right.

Which is it for you? Sleep in when you can or get up and get going?

Well now I've had coffee, breakfast, yelled at a guy from the bank and am ready to get my day underway.

It's a little gloomy in the Ozarks; overcast skies and cool temperatures, but that's okay. It's not snowing, spring is only a couple of days away and baseball season is just around the corner!

Be well,

John <><















2 comments:

Mike said...

Mornings are for people too lazy to get things done the night before.

Mike said...

Are you still up? It's about time to go upstairs and watch some Netflix.