Friday, March 06, 2015

Seasons of Life

The coming days are bringing a warming trend to the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri. The weather is forecast to be sunny and temperatures will be climbing to the low 60s by mid week.
Spring is on its way.

The changing of the seasons often reminds us of the changes in life.

I guess when it comes to seasons of life, retirement seems that it would be more like autumn than like the coming spring. I'm okay with that. I know that I'm no kid anymore. It is pretty obvious as I try to achieve and maintain some level of physical fitness. Although I am in better shape now than I have been in decades, the effects of several inactive decades are pretty obvious.

Also, I know that I am relatively young to be retired and I don't really feel like an old man...maybe just an older man.

But to add to the feeling that age is gaining ground...
...my baby is engaged!

Wow!
How did that happen?

In reality, I know that she's grown into a great young woman. And I know that her fiance really loves her and she loves him. That they want to get married is no surprise.

But a part of me wants to hold on to my little girl...my baby.

Sigh.

Seasons are for change.
Kids grow up.
Life goes on.

John <><


2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Best wishes to your daughter and her fiancé!

Mike said...

Just older is hard process to stop.