Monday, January 05, 2015

Off to a good start...

Today has been a pretty good day. I have to admit that it got off to a pretty slow start, but that's okay. I like slow in the morning.

There are a couple of things that I'm going to have to get used to when it comes to retirement. In a recent conversation I mentioned that I would try to do something if I had a free weekend in February. Then it dawned on me--I don't have to wait for the weekend anymore! I'll have free days during the week!

Another thing (happened this morning) is that I don't have to worry about sleeping at night and doing stuff during the day. I was awake this morning pretty early (5am) but stayed in bed thinking that I needed to go back to sleep. An hour later I was still awake. I'm not sure why, I just was. I was thinking that I should just get up but the habit of needing to sleep at night was still strong. In just a few weeks, I guess I'll get up and read, write, exercise, whatever! I can take a nap during the day if I want to.

Eventually, I did get up, had my coffee, posted on my other blog (you can read it here if you don't follow that one), read a book, read some in The Good Book and had a light breakfast. I managed a couple of hours of yard work (raking and burning the winter leaves...darn oaks will be dropping leaves until the new ones come in next spring!) and I think the plan is to go to a yoga class with Chris this evening.

I've only managed a little more than half of my 10,000 steps so far today. I should probably get a walk or run in before we go for our yoga class. I hope that you have also had a productive day.
I feel pretty good for a Monday. My work week starts tomorrow.

John <><

No comments: