Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daydreaming

It's a cool January morning in the Ozarks and I find myself dreaming of being on a beach with the warm sun and an ocean breeze.

This tropical daydream is probably inspired from my daughter-in-law's encouragement to buy a place in Mexico so that they'll have a vacation place to visit! Unfortunately, I'm not the one that needs to be encouraged. I would move in a heartbeat. Chris is a different story. While she enjoys vacationing on the beaches of Mexico, she has no desire to live there.

Sigh.

To be fair, it could be that I would eventually find beach life to be boring and routine -- but I'm willing to take that chance.

And if we had a place that could accommodate a few guests, I'm certain that we would have enough visitors to keep from falling into too much of a routine.

Besides, isn't any routine enhanced by a beach atmosphere? Instead of blogging on my laptop while drinking coffee in my living room with outdoor temps well below the freezing point, I could be enjoying my same cup of coffee and blogging from my deck while listening to the surf and smelling the fresh ocean air.

As far as the food goes (and food is an important consideration), I love Mexican food and it's pretty tough to beat the year 'round fresh fruits and vegetables. As a matter of fact, this was my breakfast from yesterday -- my own version of homemade huevos rancheros.

Black beans with peppers, onions and tomatoes, spinach leaves, fried eggs sprinkled with cheese on a whole grain tortilla. (And yes, there are four eggs!)



As a bonus, we could have a full-time maid/cook for around $10/day! That would be more than the hotels pay, the work wouldn't be as difficult and we'd be way better bosses!

Ah well, back to reality. I'm not retired yet.
And it's time to get about my day!

I hope your day is a grand one. Daydream for a few moments.
Live well,

John <><


1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Such a nice daydream! You will enjoy retirement, whatever you do!