Monday, July 07, 2014

Making Lists

I am not a list maker.
I'm pretty sure that we've gone over this before.
But I'm thinking that a little more organization in my life might serve me well.

For the most part, I'm a rememberer. My spell check says that isn't a word, but I'm going to stick with it just the same. My memory does a pretty good job of keeping me out of trouble by remembering the important things. I even remember tons of insignificant things. But sometimes I don't do so well in remembering little things that I would really like to remember.

Maybe making lists would help.

I used to write things down but forget to make a mental note of where I put what I had written. I didn't matter. Writing it down seemed to be enough to lock it into place in my memory and the paper became unnecessary. Going back to that (along with remembering where I keep my notes) might not be a bad idea.
It would save a lot of second trips to the store and get less important things done in a more timely manner.

I'm also looking to improve my use of time. Scheduling things like time for exercise, food prep, writing, etc., would mean that I actually do more of those things that I'd like to do but seem to manage to put off until it becomes unlikely that I'll actually get them done--or done well.

For today, that means finishing my morning writing and coffee, taking a walk or getting in a short walk/run, going to the store to get this weeks supply of healthy foods, preparing my meatless Monday meal for work, cleaning, cutting and bagging my fruit for the the freezer to use in smoothies throughout the week. Holy smokes! I should have made this list earlier!

Well, as new habits are tough to get set, I'll start small.
In addition to the above mentioned items, I'll add one more to today's list--make a list for tomorrow!

Enjoy your Monday!
I think I'll put that on my list, as well!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have found lists that I made years ago and lots of the things still aren't done. When I make a list it's like a reason to forget about things. No need to remember, I've got a list.