Friday, July 25, 2014

Blogoversary!

My 1,000th post comes to you eight years after my very first post. This morning finds me at a quaint little coffee shop and bakery in Metamora IL.

Historic Grounds (I love the name!) is located on the square just a few doors down from the courthouse where President Lincoln once served. This same courthouse is featured in the movie Lincoln.

Metamora was a rival town to my high school. However, it was a town with which  I was very familiar. My dad's big sister lived here so we made regular journeys to visit and play with our cousins (and endure the good natured teasing from my uncle).

By the time I was in high school, I had another reason to visit Metamora as I dated a girl that lived here.

As a kid, I knew about the courthouse (Who didn't? It was the town's claim to fame.), but it didn't mean anything to me. At some point, I remember going inside and looking around. I don't think it made much of an impression.

Today, Metamora serves as my parent's home. This little coffee shop is a mile from their place so I'll complete the second half of my two mile walk when I've finished my Americano (4 shot) and my post.

I still haven't got to the point that I like posting from my phone, but this morning I'm making an exception.

To the few of you that faithfully read this and my other blogs, I am honored to be a part of your day. Thank you.

Let's see what the coming year brings!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

8 & 1000. Two great numbers. Now we need 12 & 2000.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Happy Blogoversary and 1000th post, John!