Thursday, November 21, 2013

Trying the Tablet Post...again

Once again I'm going to try to use my cheap Andriod clone tablet for posting to Out of My Hat and for general use when a phone is just too small. For the most part, I have abandoned this cheap imposter because...well because it is a cheap imposter and my phone works well most of the time.

However, the larger size does make reading and writing less of a chore and so I will work at getting used to it again and trying to adapt myself to this piece of technology. I do like the convenience of the tablet and should probably go ahead and spend the money for a decent Android tablet or an iPad. I think that I would stick with the Android since my phone is one and I am still a PC guy.

I have a keyboard folder/carrier for the tablet which makes writing easier. I am guessing that it would work just as well with an actual Android tablet. My biggest problem with making the purchase is that I'm just to tight to spend the money on technology that 1) I don't really need and 2) will be out dated moments after I buy it.

I mentioned last week that I was going to "unplug" more often. Yesterday I left my phone at home (unitentionally) and nobody even noticed. I didn't miss any calls. Nobody got excited that I didn't return any messages (Okay, so I didn't have any). Nobody complained that I hadn't updated my Facebook status or re-tweeted earth shattering news from the world of Twitter.

I will say that I have had some great conversations (you know, actually talking, listening, interacting with real people) over the course of the past week. It might be true that this virtual world has great potential for reaching the masses or people that are far away, but it is truly lacking when it comes to real relationships.

Just an observation.

Maybe it's just as nice not to be missed...humbling, but nice.

John <><

No comments: