Saturday, November 02, 2013

The Joys of Air Travel

Just a quick note before I head out to the airport for another attempt at flying to Florida for tomorrow's events at Belle Glade Baptist.

After working a mid and getting very little sleep yesterday, I was back at the airport in Springfield to catch a morning flight. However there was going to be a slight delay while they fixed a mechanical problem with the plane. This wasn't a big deal for me. I had plenty of time between connections and I would much rather fly on a plane that is running properly than have problems in the air. It's not like you can just pull over and make adjustments on the way!

Thirty minutes turned into a couple of hours (changed my connecting flight) which turned into a couple of more hours (changed it again) which eventually turned in to a cancellation. The American Airline agents on the ground were very helpful and (for the most part) the would be travelers were understanding. No compensation for missing a day in Florida; hotel accommodations for those that needed them. All-in-all, it was a very long and unproductive day.

Today, I get to try again! At least I had a good night's sleep!

Enjoy your weekend. I plan to enjoy mine, whatever the circumstances are!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm surprised that after a couple of hours that they didn't try and get a different plane for everyone.