Thursday, June 30, 2011

Half Past 2011

Wow! What has happened to the first half of 2011?
Actually, even though today marks the end of the first six months of the year, half way by number of days won't be for another day or so. Still -- the year seems to be flying by!

This will be my thirteenth post for the month of June; slightly off the 3 posts per week that I set as a writing goal. All-in-all, I'm happy with that. Vacation, camp, just being busy -- all are excuses that I've used, but still managed to post more than any month so far this year (and more than a third of this year's total posts).

I've noticed that more of my posts are centered around my spiritual beliefs and philosophy; less are about government, politics or general rants. There are still the occasional nobody-really-cares-about-my-personal-life-but-it's-my-blog kind of posts.  And of course, the rare post on magic, performing, etc. Out of My Hat has changed a bit over the past few years. It's still just a place for me to write. I certainly enjoy the wide readership that I have experienced over the years and look forward to your comments (so please leave them).  I never expected to have readers from around the globe and from so many different backgrounds.  As the regularity of my posts has declined, so has the overall readership. Thanks to the faithful that still stop by to see what's posted from time to time.

Somebody recently asked me if I'd done any more writing on my book (from my very first post).  The answer, of course, is no.  I have had some other ideas on books to be written, but none has managed to be more than that -- an idea.  It seems that I don't even have the time to record my random thoughts here. Where am I going to find the time to purposefully write a book?

I do have some new thoughts on blogging and will be asking what you think about them in the coming weeks.  If you read regularly and are on Facebook, I really appreciate it when you share a post that you like with your friends. There is a Facebook icon at the bottom of each post that makes it easy.  If you want to "friend" me and follow Out of My Hat from Facebook, you can do that here.  Please add a comment to your friend request to let me know that you're a blog reader so that I don't just ignore your request.  You can also add your name to the small list of followers about halfway down the right-side column.

I am looking forward to the second half of 2011.  I know that it will be filled with both challenges and opportunities (much like the first half was). I look forward to hearing from you in the remainder of the year and, as always, would enjoy the opportunity to meet you. If you are looking for a family getaway, Southwest Missouri has much to offer. Let me know if you're going to be in the neighborhood.

John <><

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Back on this day in 1967, I broadsided a 1955 Buick while riding my brother's 3-speed bicycle. Every day since then has been gravy to me!