Monday, June 27, 2011

Time for a Break

Wow! Last week was a pretty busy week; too busy to be blogging.

Hopedale Kids' Camp was out on Monday. I was scheduled to work Tuesday but took the day off to have my knee looked at by one doctor and then had my annual flight physical by another doctor.  Tuesday night I was in Branson for the Missouri Baptist Pastor's Conference (MB125) to entertain the pastors and their families.  I finished out the work week and after getting off of work at 6:30 Saturday morning, Chris and I made the trip to Hillsboro MO for her dad's wedding.

The best part of the trip was getting to spend some time with Aaron and Jenny. We also got to see some of Chris' family that we seldom get to see.  Aaron's friend, Matias, was in the area, so we got to spend some time visiting with him, too. The visit was a short one and we were headed back home by 10 am Sunday morning.

I was home for about 45 minutes (enough time to shower, change and pack up my magic show) before I was on the road again to the First Baptist Church of Laurie MO for their VBS Kick-off.  By the time I got home at 9:15 pm, I figured that I'd spent about 15 of the last 37 hours in a car.  It almost makes me glad to go back to work ... almost!

So those are my excuses for not blogging last week.  I did get a little bit of reading done and I'll share those books and thoughts when I finish the second and find the time to write.  I don't think that this week will be quite so busy.

John <><

No comments: