Sunday, April 02, 2023

Not Writing

Over the course of the past month or so there have been numerous times that I've opened blogger -- even started a new post only to end up deleting it and moving on with my day. The political landscape in the US and in Missouri has me retreating to the comfort of my little corner of the hell hole that the gun-loving, gay-hating, anti-diversity, racist, conservative "so called Christians" are creating where I live. 

I even wrote a post to the point of proof reading it and then deleted the entire thing rather than add one more rant into the maelstrom of negativity on the interwebs. 

It's even difficult to write about something positive (like the bible story class that started last week) because I find that I am so damned mad and frustrated with people that are blinded by politics, a false religion, and are unaware of their own personal privilege and bias.
They are so happy in their ignorance that they are afraid of people waking up (becoming "woke") and pointing out the truth of what is happening in the world around them.

The expletive "fuck" is on my mind and out of my mouth far too frequently these days. 

I have friends that are extremely active in battling many of the injustices that face marginalized communities. I don't know how they maintain any level of sanity or personal peacefulness while doing it. I can't even bring myself to write about it without diving into the dark depths of my own psyche. Perhaps the real secret to their superhero power is in the ability to persevere without being overwhelmed by the hate and ignorance that abounds around them.

Me?
I'll be on my deck (alone) enjoying a cigar and some classic rock.
Or maybe in my garden trying to coax some vegetables and flowers out of the Southwest Missouri soil.
But I won't be here at Out of My Hat until I can manage to produce something positive. I'll be taking a break for a while.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have my political signs out for three school board members that are sane. There is another nut job running that is a book banner and has pulled his kids out of the Lindbergh district. And now he wants to be a Lindbergh school board member. And there are political signs up for him all over my neighborhood. ARRRGGGHHHHH!