Wednesday, March 16, 2022

What's Your Story?

Politically, I've gone from moderate right to left-leaning to left.
Religiously, I've gone from Catholicism to evangelical to ex-vangelical to a struggling follower of Jesus.
Socially, I am becoming more comfortable being alone and less likely to want to interact with others, especially in larger numbers.
I've become much less nationalistic -- no more "Rah, rah for the red, white and blue, and mostly just blue (the sad kind of blue, not the liberal kind of blue) that we've become so divided and hurtful to one another.

It is apparently natural that I relate to people with similar stories even though the reasons and circumstances may have been quite different, but I currently find myself curious about people that have moved in the opposite directions.
I'm trying to think of people that were politically left that have moved to the right, that were so-so or struggling religiously and are now much more devoted or even fanatical, that were wallflowers and are now the life of the party, or that went from ordinary citizens to flag wearing, flag waving, gun toting patriots.

I'm not sure that I even know anyone that has made any of these opposite shifts.
I want to hear those stories -- not to ridicule or disagree, but to understand.
I want to know the whys, what moved them in the opposite way from me.
If you have such a story or know someone with a story, I'd like to hear it.

I know that most of my readers may find themselves in the same predicament -- not knowing many people that have moved in opposite directions. To be clear -- I know people that are on the right side of the political spectrum, the zealot side of the evangelical religions, the social centers, and the patriots -- but that's pretty much where they've always been. 
I'm interested in people that have changed and what drove the change to go to the places that I left.

Share this post and send some people my way.
My contact info is in my bio.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Ex-vangelical is probably the best thing that ever happened to you religiously.

John A Hill said...

Mike - Amen!