Saturday, March 26, 2022

Biblical Womanhood: Un-Mansplaining the Bible

For the past few years Downtown Venues has been my go-to safe place in the semi-church world. Although it has evolved and morphed into something much different than it was in its beginning, it is still a place that is pretty unique among church-like gatherings. The moniker of Barchurch doesn't quite fit the way it did when we actually met in a bar, but you can still grab a beer, cocktail, or glass of wine while listening to music or the message.
The changes in our Downtown pastors has also shaded the overall vibe changes of our gatherings with each person adding their own personality and style. Sometimes I have to face my own conservative tendencies when I realize how much I really enjoyed and miss the original brand of Barchurch. I understand the changes we've undergone and managed to adapt because there really isn't a lot of choice in the matter.

I'm posting this to attempt to underscore the feeling that last Thursday's music-less version of Barchurch was the absolute best that I can remember. I don't think I've ever left a service as inspired, moved, and heartbroken as I did Thursday evening. 
I want you to listen as these five women leaders tell small parts of their stories.
It will take an hour of your time, but it is well worth it. Find an hour to set aside and come back here to listen. The first five minutes of the video are announcements for The Venues and you can skip or use it to grab a beer or pour yourself a drink.

To the women and young girls that I may have influenced by contributing to the teaching of patriarchy or somehow diminished your value or place due to nothing more than your gender -- please, know that I am sorry and I am changing that old, stinking thinking. 
To the men and the young boys -- we are better than that.

Please, listen
...and learn.

John

Barchurch
Biblical Womanhood: Was the Bible Mansplained, week 3

No comments: