Monday, February 15, 2021

Winter Weather

On most snowy, wintery days I am grateful to be retired and not have to get out in the cold. This morning was a little different. The Venues Church has opened its downtown venue as a cold weather shelter for our homeless friends, so I was up early enough to enjoy my morning coffee before making my way to Downtown Springfield.

It looks like most of our friends in need have gathered at another more familiar place and I'm not sure that we'll remain open throughout the entire day. Nonetheless, I am so pleased to be associated with the kind of Christ followers that are always prepared to put their faith into action and to love out loud. 

Where ever you are, if you are safe and warm please consider helping someone that is not. If you are in the Springfield MO area, you can check out The Connecting Grounds to see how you can help.

Be safe, my friends!
John

No comments: