Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday Wisdom

It seems that technology has often served to divide us rather than to unite us -- at least as far as social media is concerned. I truly believe that much of that is purposeful as political parties, religious fanatics, large corporations, and others compete to be #1 in their respective fields. But there are other cases when you just discover things about people that you didn't know and it is disturbing.

I wonder if that person changed over the years or if they were always that way and I just didn't know. I know that I have changed in many ways and perhaps they are wondering the same things about me. Sometimes the histories that bind together friendships of the past are the only things that maintain the relationships we have today. Without them, we would never want to associate with the people that those long ago friends have become.

So what do you do?
Do you try to salvage a relationship with someone you have nothing in common with except memories of a past history?
Or...
Do you cherish the good times and let go of the currently toxic relationship?

Some goodbyes are sad.
Some goodbyes are good things.
And I think some can be both.




John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Or...
Let me know when you figure it out.