Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursdays are for Thanksgiving

This is one of those weeks when I get a bonus volunteer day with The Venues. This was our third month of volunteering at Crosslines food distribution pantry. We are currently sharing the last Wednesday of the month with another church and will probably need a few more volunteers when we transition to taking the date by ourselves.

I know that I could do more volunteering than I do. Maybe I should. And I probably will when Chris retires and we can do some service projects together.
Today I am thankful for the freedom to volunteer, for the health to be able to volunteer, and for a church that really believes in serving the community through so many various projects.

I know that not many of my Venues friends read my blog, but --
If you are a Venues person and want to volunteer with one or more of the many community projects we have, you can go to the Social Response Team link and click on one of the service areas and volunteer.
If you want to be a volunteer at the church on Sunday morning or at Downtown Venues on Thursday evening, stop by the desk Sunday and ask how you might help.

You can also share this page so that our new Venues friends know how they might serve with us as we expand the areas in our community where we are a Venue to share God's great love!

I'm thankful that I get to serve with Student Venues and I know that Chris is really going to enjoy leading the Going Deeper small group on Sunday mornings. The Venues has been great about allowing us the opportunity to share God's love by serving others.
I'm also thankful that I still get to preach on occasion. This has been a good year for getting to supply for a number of churches. I'll be missing my student group this Sunday, but am excited to get invited back to preach at one of our local churches.

So --
Let's be thankful!
Share your gratitude.
What makes you thankful today?

John <><

No comments: