Thursday, July 11, 2019

Can you show too much love?

It's been a good week.
I can't say that it's been an exciting week or that anything exceptional has happened, but it's been good.

One of the best parts of the week has been that I've been able to spend some one on one time with the pastors of The Venues. I had lunch with student pastor Rob on Monday and a midday meeting with senior pastor Phillip yesterday. Visits with our associate pastor Ben were not really scheduled and I'm not sure if he enjoyed them as much as I did since I was dropping in on him in his hospital room!
In any case, I had great conversations with these men. Their passion for sharing God's love is evident in the work they do and in the way they speak about loving our neighbors as Jesus instructs us to do. I really do consider working and serving with The Venues to be a privilege and an honor.

I also ran into an old friend that voiced concern over our attending The Venues.
I get that. Perhaps it's best summed up with the words of The Venues worship leader, Joey --
"The Venues isn't a church for everyone...
...because it's a church for everyone!"

I wonder --
If people found out that God loves everyone just as they are (yep - everyone, even the people we think are deservedly going to hell), would they search for a different god?
Hmmm...?

It's weird that people are concerned that I might be showing too much love to the wrong people.
Is that even possible?

John <><

No comments: