Wednesday, June 29, 2016

End of June (almost)

It is hard to believe that 2016 is almost halfway over!

Today looks like another beautiful day in the Ozarks!
And it is a good thing, too!

It looks like I get to be the good dad/dad-in-law today and go mow the lawn for Hannah and Daniel. Daniel injured his knee over the weekend and unable to get around and Hannah is realizing how much he really does as she now has to do everything.
So, even though my own yard needs tending to, my baby has her daddy coming over to mow her lawn for her.

This afternoon I get to pick up my bike from the shop. It appears that it is fine other than a few scratches and a broken mirror (that will be in tomorrow). If I can get the mirror replaced without any problems, I'd still like to make the trip to Central Illinois this weekend. It will make for a long ride on Friday and Monday, but I'm looking forward to seeing how I hold up on the road. One way will be a little more than twice the distance I've ridden in a day. I'm looking at an alternate route that will take me off of the interstate highways on the way there. I'll be trying to get home for a get together with friends on Monday so I'll just stick to the boring interstate highways on the way home.
It looks like I may encounter some scattered thunderstorms on Friday. Better bring some rain gear.

But that ride is for next month!
I still have lawns to mow in June.

Have a great day!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Retiree time goes twice as fast as non-retiree time.

John A Hill said...

Ain't that the truth, Mike!