Monday, September 07, 2015

Relaxing by the Beach

It is the first morning of waking up in Ixtapa. As is our usual vacation tradition, I'm up early and have saved our places by the pool/beach and am now enjoying my morning coffee. I'll have a little breakfast now and wait for Chris to get up before having a little more breakfast.

The Sunscape Dorado Pacifico isn't the nicest resort where we have stayed on our coastal vacations, but it nice enough for the casual traveler and it is very affordable. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful and I really like this area of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. I feel like I am in Mexico rather than at a resort in Mexico.

Like most all inclusive resorts, there are several eating places to chose from. Most resorts require dinner reservations at the restaurants other than the main buffet. Last week I sent a note to their Twitter account explaining that we would be arriving on our anniversary and would like to eat at a place other than the buffet. I asked if we could have a reservation at on of the specialty dining rooms but never heard back from them.

At Sunscape Dorado reservation aren't necessary. However, this sign greeted us when we went to our room!



John <><

(Note: Although this was written Sunday morning, it took until now to add the pic. Low internet availability and limited tech skills are to blame!)





2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad the tape across your door wasn't yellow.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Hope you both have a nice anniversary and vacation in Ixtapa!