Saturday, July 07, 2012

No More Horsing Around

Yesterday we buried our old friend, Miss Priss.
Priss was a Missouri Foxtrotter of championship bloodlines and a great horse.

Although it was Chris that took the riding lessons and made the decision to purchase her, it was Hannah that really took over ownership of her. I don't think there was any doubt in the mind of Miss Priss about who her owner was. As Hannah got busy with high school and then moved on to college, primary care fell to me.

For the past few months, Priss shared her pasture with several other horses. A week or so ago, the owners came and took them back for better pasture. As horses are herd animals, I think that a little depression from loneliness combined with the extreme heat and age overwhelmed her.

I guess I'll be posting a couple of saddles and some tack for sale in the near future.

The picture below is a young Hannah riding Priss bareback.



John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Sorry about Miss Priss.