Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Spanning the Globe

The other day I noticed that about 15% of the hits on my blog are from Germany and Russia.  Really?!  I guess that's pretty cool.

I'm not sure why I look at that stuff, maybe just because Google tracks it.  US readers only make up about 70% of the hits. Following Germany and Russia are Netherlands, UK, France, Canada, Australia and--get this--Iran! I also get regular hits from the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand, Mexico and UAE. Other countries (like Latvia and Andorra) also show up from time to time--no doubt, hits from random searches.

Internet Explorer is the browser of choice (54%) with Firefox and Chrome still coming in ahead of Safari. Windows is the primary OE at 85%, followed by Mac and iPhone.

Many hits come from my Facebook link, a few from other blogs that have a link to Out of My Hat.

If you're dropping in from a country other than the USA, leave a comment and let me know where you are and how you happened to visit Out of My Hat.  Actually, US readers can do the same.

Over all, the trend of blog reading seems to be dropping. Perhaps it's because there are so many blogs out there now, or perhaps, people have decided that they have better things to do than read the rantings of simple people like me.

Whether you are a regular follower, a Facebook friend or just happened to find me in a random search--Thanks for stopping by today. Leave a note or comment if you feel like it. You're welcome anytime.

John<><

3 comments:

KM Hammond said...

*waves* Hallo. I'm just a measly US person, but I found your blog because I was searching for any information on all the hits I get on my blog from random places like Latvia. I've been trying to figure out if they're just bot searches/something else/actual human beings.

John A Hill said...

KM,
I think it's from random people that use the "next blog" link or hits like yours that come from a search and a key word links you here.
Btw, I like coffee bean background on your blog and I also use the "sleep when I'm dead" line often.

KM Hammond said...

Hmmm. It's certainly possible that it's from "next blog" stuff. But are there enough people in Latvia using blogger to warrant the number of hits we get from that country? Meh. I have no clue.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I just changed the template around and I'm fairly pleased with it. (Even though everything I used is 100% blogger-supplied. I used the template designer.)

And sleeping when one is dead is so true. I was up until 4am last night studying for an exam on Monday morning. Tonight is looking like it's going to be a late night as well!

BTW, I'm a PK. My dad pastored for over 20 yrs. :o)