Tuesday, June 09, 2009

REFOCUS: Refresh, Renew, Rejoice...(and Relax)

Wow!  I am catching my breath and enjoying a moment of relaxation this morning.  I had a long (7.5 hours) nights rest in my own bed for the first time in over a week and am waiting on the coffee pot so that I can enjoy a cup while I catch up on reading my favorite blogs.  I can honestly say that I didn't miss television at all last week.  I did miss the internet.  Reading blogs and occasionally writing for my blog are ways that I relax and things that I really enjoy.  I can check my e-mail and update my Facebook status from my phone, but most of the blogs are too much for my data service to handle.

In the two camps from last week (Tri-County Baptist Association and Hopedale Baptist Church) there were seventeen kids that received Jesus as their Savior and Lord (12 and 5 respectively).

Once again, the Hopedale camp was AWESOME!  Lindell did a great job as camp director.  I know that he learned a great appreciation for Mike and all of the work that he has done in years past.  Both of these guys love to share Jesus with kids.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...of all of the kid's camps that I've been to, nobody does kid's camp better than Hopedale!  
This year we had a lot of first time adults that were there to help and experience what we have been talking about.  They helped with the lessons, the skits, the worship, the A/V stuff, the setting up of challenges and the supervising of the kids.  They participated in the camp and enjoyed it as much as the kids.  We had the best camp cooks and the staff even mentioned how great our cooks were.

I also need to mention the staff at Baptist Hill Camp...they were great.  They served us cheerfully and enjoyed their work.  They are a great asset to the camp and to the Kingdom.  

Well it looks like reading blogs is going to have to wait for another time.  I've got a 10 o'clock Association  Administrative Committee meeting to attend.  More later...

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

"7.5 hours"

You're just barely in the normal range for old people. You need to go for 9.


Wv: picap - What math people have been looking for, the end of pi.